PLEASE READ THIS SUBSCRIBER AGREEMENT (THE "AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SERVICES. BY USING THE WEBSITE HTTP://MUSICREMEDY.COM (THE "SITE") YOU SIGNIFY YOUR ASSENT TO BECOME BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY RIGHT TO USE THE SERVICES. THE SITE'S ACCEPTANCE IS EXPRESSLY CONDITIONED UPON YOUR ASSENT TO ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, TO THE EXCLUSION OF ALL OTHER TERMS; IF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE CONSIDERED AN OFFER BY THE SITE, ACCEPTANCE IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THESE TERMS.
The Site does not knowingly collect, solicit or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally identifiable information on its site from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our site is directed to persons under 13. No one under age 13 is allowed to use the site or provide any personal information to or on our site. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not send any information about yourself to us, or register for, use, or access the site at any time or in any manner. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us please contact us through our contact form or email to webmaster [a] musicremedy.com.
If you are between the age of 13 and 18, you must obtain permission from your parent or guardian to use imeem, and you must have a parent assist in the completion of registration. In addition, if you are between the age of 13 and 18, you must affirm that you possess legal parental or guardian consent to use the Site and Service, and must affirm that you are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in the Site's terms of service, and to abide by and comply with the Site's terms of service.
The Site is accessed by you ("User" or "you") under the following terms and conditions:
1. ACCESS TO THE SERVICES. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the Site may offer to provide the Services, as described more fully on the Site, and which are selected by you, solely for your own use, and not for the use or benefit of any third party. Services shall include, but not be limited to, any services the Site performs for you, as well as the offering of any materials displayed or performed on the Site (including, but not limited to audio clips, video clips, text, graphics, photographs, images, and illustrations, also known as the "Content") on the Site. The Site may change, suspend or discontinue the Services for any reason, at any time, including the availability of any feature or Content. The Site may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Services without notice or liability. The Site reserves the right, at its discretion, to modify this Subscriber Agreement or the price or charge for any Service or Content at any time by posting a notice on the Site, or by sending you a notice via e-mail or postal mail. You shall be responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any such modifications. Your use of the Services following such notification constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Subscriber Agreement as modified.
You certify to the Site that if you are an individual (i.e., not a corporation) you are at least 18 years of age. You also certify that you are legally permitted to use the Services and access the Site, and take full responsibility for the selection and use of the Services and access of the Site. This Agreement is void where prohibited by law, and the right to access the Site is revoked in such jurisdictions.
The Site will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the Site and Services are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. However, there will be occasions when the Site and/or Services will be interrupted for maintenance, upgrades and emergency repairs or due to failure of telecommunications links and equipment. Every reasonable step will be taken by the Site to minimize such disruption where it is within the Site's reasonable control. YOU AGREE THAT NEITHER THE Site NOR THE SITE WILL BE LIABLE IN ANY EVENT TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY SUSPENSION, MODIFICATION, DISCONTINUANCE OR LACK OF AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE, THE SERVICES, YOUR ACCOUNT OR OTHER CONTENT.
You shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining any equipment or ancillary services needed to connect to, access the Site or otherwise use the Services, including, without limitation, modems, hardware, software, and long distance or local telephone service. You shall be responsible for ensuring that such equipment or ancillary services are compatible with the Services.
2. SITE CONTENT. Subscriber may preview streaming Content and other items displayed on the Site for personal use only. Subscriber shall not download or store streaming Content from the Site. Subscriber may purchase streaming Content available on the Site by using the merchant links that appear next to most tracks. Copying, downloading or storing of any Content is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from the Site, or from the copyright holder identified in such Content's copyright notice.
The Site is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to U.S. copyright laws, international conventions, and other copyright laws. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of (except as provided in this Section of the Subscriber Agreement), reproduce, create derivative works based on, distribute, display, or in any way exploit, any of the Content, software, materials, or Services in whole or in part. You shall abide by all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services.
It is our strict policy to never knowingly work in association with any infringing entity's unlawful use of a lawful trademark or lawful copyright. All issues concerning copyright violations should be aimed at the sites hosting the material. This site does not host any of the streaming media and the owner has not uploaded any of the material to the video hosting servers. Anyone can find the same content on Google Video, YouTube, imeem, etc... by themselves. The owner of this site cannot know which movies, documentaries or cartoons are in public domain, which has been uploaded to eg., Google Video by the owner and which has been uploaded without permission, and is therefore willing to give the source url upon request. The copyright owner must further contact the source if he wants his material off the internet completely.
3. RESTRICTIONS. You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with the Services and accessing the Site. You may not post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any Site user. You shall not use any part of the Site or Services to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes, transfer or store material that is deemed threatening or obscene, or engage in any kind of illegal activity. You will not run Maillist, Listserv, any form of auto-responder, or "spam" on the Site, or any processes that run or are activated while you are not logged in.
4. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. The Site has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that the Site has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to the Site; what Content you access via the Site; what effects the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release the Site from all liability for your having acquired or not acquired Content through the Site. The Site may contain, or direct you to sites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. The Site makes no representations concerning any content contained in or accessed through the Site, and the Site will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Site. THE SERVICES, CONTENT, SITE AND ANY SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, THE Site DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, COMPLETENESS, LEGALITY OR OPERABILITY OF THE MATERIAL OR SERVICES PROVIDED ON THIS SITE. BY USING THIS SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE Site IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM (1) USE OF THE SITE; (2) DOWNLOADING CONTENT CONTAINED ON THE SITE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OF IMAGES, INFORMATION OR DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE UPLOAD, DOWNLOAD OR STORAGE OF CONTENT POSTED ON THE SITE; (4) THE TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT INABILITY TO ACCESS OR RETRIEVE ANY CONTENT FROM THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, HARM CAUSED BY VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, OR ANY SIMILAR CONTAMINATION OR DESTRUCTIVE PROGRAM; (5) CONTENT POSTED IN ANY COMMUNITY AREA OF THE SITE; AND (6) UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION, IMAGES OR OTHER CONTENT THAT RESULTS FROM THE UPLOAD, DOWNLOAD OR STORAGE OF CONTENT.
5. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES. Users of the Site may gain access from the Site to third party sites on the Internet through hypertext or other computer links on the Site. Third party sites are not within the supervision or control of the Site or the Site. Unless explicitly otherwise provided, neither the Site nor the Site makes any representation or warranty whatsoever about any third party site that is linked to the Site, or endorse the products or services offered on such site. The Site and the Site disclaim: (a) all responsibility and liability for content on third party websites and (b) any representations or warranties as to (i) the security of any information (including, without limitation, credit card and other personal information) you might be requested to give any third party, and (ii) the functionality of third party sites if you export Content or other information onto them. You hereby irrevocably waive any claim against the Site or the Site with respect to such sites and third party content.
6. REGISTRATION AND SECURITY. As a condition to using certain Services, you may be required to register with the Site and select a password and username. You shall provide the Site with accurate, complete, and updated registration information. Failure to do so shall constitute a breach of this Agreement, which may result in immediate termination of your account. You may not (i) select or use as your username the name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; or (ii) use as your username a name subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorization. The Site reserves the right to refuse registration of, or cancel a username in its discretion. You shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Site password.
You hereby irrevocably authorize the Site to disclose your personally identifiable information at the request of any state or federal agency or in response to any judicial process (including, without limitation, a subpoena).
7. INDEMNITY. You will indemnify and hold Site, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees, harmless, including costs and attorneys' fees, from (i) any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of your access to the Site, use of the Services, your violation of this Agreement, or your infringement, or the infringement by any third party using your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE Site BE LIABLE WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE OR THE SERVICES FOR (A) ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER; (B) DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, PROFITS, DATA, IMAGES, CONTENT OR OTHER INTANGIBLES; (C) DAMAGES FOR UNAUTHORIZED USE, NON-PERFORMANCE OF THE SITE, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS; OR (D) DAMAGES RELATED TO DOWNLOADING, TRANSMITTING, DISTRIBUTING, PERFORMING OR DISPLAYING CONTENT. THE Site'S AND THE SITE'S COLLECTIVE LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO THREE HUNDRED UNITED STATES DOLLARS. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. FEES AND PAYMENT. Some of the Services may require payment of fees. You shall pay all applicable fees, as described on the Site in connection with such Services you select. The Site reserves the right to change its pricing and to institute new charges at any time, upon ten (10) days prior notice, which may be sent by e-mail or posted on the Site.
10. TERMINATION. Either party may terminate the Services at any time by notifying the other party by any means. The Site may also terminate or suspend any and all Services and access to the Site immediately, without prior notice or liability, if you breach any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement. Any fees paid hereunder are non-refundable. Upon termination of your account, your right to use the Services, access the Site and any Content will immediately cease. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, and limitations of liability.
Copyright 2009 The Site Inc. All rights reserved.
The Site has adopted the following general policy toward copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (http://lcweb.loc.gov/copyright/legislation/dmca.pdf). The address of the Site's Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement ("Designated Agent") is listed at the end of this policy. It is the Site's policy to (1) block access to or remove Content that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our advertisers, affiliates, content providers, members or users; and (2) remove and discontinue service to repeat offenders. If you believe that Content residing on or accessible through the Site Site or Service infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement by facsimile, by confirmed e-mail using ourcontact form or email to webmaster [a] musicremedy.com, containing the following information:
A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
Identification of works or materials being infringed; Identification of the Content that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the Content that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that the Site is capable of finding and verifying its existence;
Contact information about the notifier including address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address; A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the Content is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
Once proper infringement notification is received by the Designated Agent, it is the Site's policy to remove or disable access to the infringing Content and to notify the Content provider or user that it has removed or disabled access to the Content; that repeat offenders will have the infringing Content removed from the Service and that the Site will terminate such content provider's or user's access to the Site and the Service.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
The process for counter-notifications is governed by Section 512(g) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act: http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf
To file a counter notification with the Site, the user must provide the following items to us in writing
The specific URLs of material that the Site has removed or to which the Site has disabled access. User's name, address, telephone number, and email address.
A statement that the user consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or New York County, New York if your address is outside of the United States), and that User will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person. The following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled." User's signature.
Send the written communication to the following address:
Name of Designated Agent: J. Leeuwis MSc
Email: webmaster [a] musicremedy.com
After we receive the user's counter-notification, we will forward it to the party who submitted the original claim of copyright infringement. Please note that when we forward the counter-notification, it includes the user's personal information. By submitting a counter-notification, the user consents to having his or her information revealed in this way. We will not forward the counter-notification to any party other than the original claimant.
After we send out the counter-notification, the claimant must notify us within ten (10) days that he or she has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain you from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the Site. If we receive such notification we will not display, distribute or otherwise exploit the material. If we do not receive such notification, we may elect to do so.